Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Twice a father, once a husband, 12 times a marathoner, currently a product manager.
My personal life
- My home is in Toronto, Ontario where I live with my wife Ginny and kids, Mackenzie and Lindsey.
- I’m an internet and information junkie interested in technology and its impact on society. I was an avid social media contributor, but stepped back in early 2017 when I realized participation was having a detrimental effect on my emotional well-being.
- I strong prefer Apple computers and devices. My current personal computing device that I use outside of work is an iPad Pro (10.5′) with a Smart Keyboard cover.
- I run marathons and ultra-marathons for fun. I generally run 4-5 times a week and I run with the Downtown Yonge Running Room crew most Sunday mornings.
- I blog about work, life and technology here on my personal blog and about running on my other blog.
- I track my training on Strava and Garmin Connect.
- Hover – I’ve been the Product Manager for this leading domain registration provider since 2013. A Tucows company (yes, that Tucows).
- WordCamps – presented at WordCamp Toronto (2016) and WordCamp Ottawa (2107)
- Webinars – numerous webinars for OpenSRS/Tucows on a variety of topics including how to sell SSL certificates, to the impact of new generic top-level domains on the industry.
No longer around things
- retrosite.ninja – loaded a random website that was still online, but stuck in the past. Think a random GeoCities site, or the Space Jam homepage that hasn’t been touched since the late 90’s.
- offline.domains – a new generic top-level domain (new TLD) parody site. Get your .offline domain today! Guaranteed not to resolve, or your money back.
- Nine O’Clock Yo – Yo was a notification app for iOS and Android that just said “Yo” when you sent one to a friend. I made a site that allowed you to get a Yo notification every night when the Nine O’Clock Gun is fired in Vancouver, B.C. So yeah…it said “Yo” at 9pm (PT) nightly.